Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Volunteers Plant 'Garden For Hope'

Tonight, I am going to the dedication of the Garden of Hope in NOTO.

The garden is being planted near the Topeka Rescue Mission and aims to feed the homeless in Shawnee County. I think this is a great idea, and I'm excited to see how it turns out. 

Keep America Beautiful has partnered with Silverbakks, an organization that helps to feed the homeless to plant the garden. 

I've always wanted a garden, but they are so much work and I'm scared to get myself into something I can't handle. Such as having a ton of food I don't know what to do with. I never thought about donating that produce to those who need it more than I do. 

Maybe next year I will try my hand at growing my own food. I can hardly keep my house plants alive, though, so we will see. Later, I will have more photos of the garden and volunteers.

No comments:

Post a Comment